This Sunday and Tuesday in our gatherings, we will talk more about our passion to care for vulnerable children in our community. There is great need for foster & adoptive families in our area, so if you’ve ever been curious about fostering or adopting, or have wondered about other ways you might be able to contribute in a non-parental role, please come to a workshop on Sunday, Feb. 18, from 6 to 8 p.m. Discussion will include the following frequently asked questions, and more:
– What costs or risks are involved?
– Who is eligible?
– How do foster parents cope with separation?
– How do I get started?
– Are there any non-parental ways I can help?
The free workshop will include a panel featuring voices with various experience from around our city, including:
– A foster care & adoption social worker
– A foster care family
– A foster care with transition to adoption family
– A family who has adopted through a local agency family
– International adoptive family
Please be sure to join us for this important time of learning together. No registration is necessary for attendees, but we’re offering onsite care for children (ages 6 months-4th grade) for those who may need it. Please RSVP to Ryan to reserve a spot for your child(ren)!