Neighborhood connection events are here!
We have loved being able to provide COVID-friendly weekly teachings via podcast, support through our care fund, and live check-ins on Instagram and Facebook as well as virtual tables – but nothing is quite the same as seeing your faces in person! That is why we are planning for some neighborhood connection events where we will be able to meet up in small, location-based gatherings while retaining proper social distance.
Please mark your calendars for one of the following gatherings:
Sunday, May 31 – 11 a.m. (Northwest SB, SW Michigan at Keller Park)
Sunday, May 31 – 1 p.m. (Downtown SB, Westside SB, Southside SB at Southeast Neighborhood Park)
Sunday, May 31 – 4:30 p.m. (Eastside SB at Coquillard Park)
Sunday, May 31 – 6:30 p.m. (Mishawaka, Osceola at Boehm Park)
Monday, June 1 – 6:30 p.m. (Northside SB, Granger, Edwardsburg outdoors at Smith home in Granger)
Tuesday, June 2 – 6:30 p.m. (Elkhart, Goshen, Middlebury, Warsaw, etc., at Ox Bow Park)
You can register for your location here.
Some logistics you’ll want to know ahead of time:
– Each location is a large outdoor space.
– Need help finding your event? Check out this map.
– Face masks will be required for everyone (please bring your own).
– Please bring chairs or a blanket for everyone in your group.
– Opting out if you feel unsafe in any way is ok!
– Bringing your young children is ok, if you feel comfortable with your ability to manage them properly social distancing.
– Please prioritize others’ safety and stay home if you have recently experienced symptoms of or have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19.
– Be sure to REGISTER each person in your group so you receive details specific to your location.
Each of these gatherings will feature some songs, readings, time for connection, and the eucharist. We will provide self-serve, individual eucharist elements as well as hand sanitizing stations. (Unfortunately, these elements are not gluten free. Please feel free to bring your own elements if you have allergy restrictions.)
We’ve created these events for location-based connection based on the information we’ve received from you, so please plan to attend the event that is designated for your area if possible. In the case of inclement weather, we will reschedule to the same locations and times one week later.
We are so excited to see you! More details on each gathering (location, any specific instructions, reminders of guidelines) will be sent through your registration. If you have any questions prior to registering, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.