We’re excited to be adding to our growing staff team! Our Director of Children’s Ministry will serve in a full-time capacity, and we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. Please consider sharing this opportunity with those who might be qualified and interested.
Role Summary: This is a dynamic role with a new church plant that’s growing quickly. The right leader will bring creative energy to the challenge — leading volunteers who serve our families through programming that is informed by early childhood and elementary education best practices.You’ll search out and implement curriculum, recruit and train volunteers, partner with families, and ensure a safe, nurturing environment for the children of South Bend City Church.
Core Areas of Responsibility:
• Develop a children’s ministry strategy to serve children (currently comprising birth through 5th grade) and partner with families in collaboration with SBCC leadership
• Find (or create) and implement a ministry curriculum in alignment with SBCC’s theological vision and ministry values
• Lead, recruit for, and train a team of volunteers (currently 60+ team members)
• Maintain effective safety and security protocols to ensure the protection of the children in our ministry
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Please see our full job description here. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, Feb 9, 2018.
*If the person hired has been ordained previously, it is SBCC’s practice to honor that ordination. If not, we’re looking for someone who discerns a pastoral vocation and would work with them in furthering that discernment with our community. We hold an egalitarian view of leadership and celebrate men and women in ordained work as pastors.